[plug] Maildir inbox problem

Jon L. Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Fri May 30 19:48:24 WST 2008

Since the name of the new server has a different name, the ending of all
the mail has the old server name (ex: filename.sles10).  The messages in
the various folders once they were accessed came up as expected. They have
taken on the new server name but the ones in the inbox are not working
like the mail in the folders.  I've moved all the old e-mail with the old
server name out of the folder and the new email is fine.  What I'm looking
for is a way to rename the old email files with the old servername to the
same filename with the new server name (ex: filename.mmtlnx).

Jon

On Fri, May 30, 2008 10:24, Mike Holland wrote:
> Jon L. Miller wrote:
>> I've recently had to rebuild my main server (SLES10SP1) and although I
>> have backups of my mail, when I copied them back to Maildir the INBOX
>> does
>> not come up and there are no messages of than the page is not available.
>
> Have you looked in /var/mail ?
> Mail clients may leave incoming mail there, or move it to their own
> inbox, depending on configuration.

Jon L. Miller, MCNE CNS CCNA
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
East Perth, WA 6004