[plug] ubuntu upgrade

adrian at diskworld.com.au adrian at diskworld.com.au
Sat Nov 1 16:58:05 WST 2008

USB flash drives are so ridiculously cheep and suitably massive that they
make a good medium for doing test installs onto.

The other option is to install onto a virtual machine and play with it
first. VMWare, Virtualbox, Xen or KVM will all do an excellent job of this.
Both Hardy and Intrepid have kernels with VirtIO support, which will
provide near native network and block device speeds to guest systems.

Adrian