[plug] Re: ghostscript or similar tweak needed

gavin chester gavin.chester at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 13:12:40 WST 2008

2008/11/4 Mike Holland <michael.holland at gmail.com>:
> Gavin Chester wrote:
>>
>> I'm not rtfm-ing much lately, sorry ;-) Answering my own post, I will
>> try the option of something like 'kong-pdf' to extract all odd pages
>
> Can you extract each page to a file? pdf or pbm .

Yes, I can use pdftk or gs to 'explode' the single file into multiple
pages. kong-pdf offered the shortcut that I can extract ONLY the odd
or even pages into a directory as files. I know I can then use same
tools or pdf90 to rotate the pages, say if I manually put them in a
separate folder. I might even stretch my knowledge to script that
rotation for all files in the directory ;-).

But, once there with the pages rotated, I'm blowed if I know a
scripted way to stitch it back together again in the right order w/o
having to name each file in the order they need to be stitched. That
is, if I had files for each non-rotated page as 1.pdf, 3.pdf, 5.pdf
and the rotated pages were 2.pdf, 4pdf, 6pdf I would write it out as
"gs combine 1.pdf, 2pdf, ... 109.pdf, 110.pdf". Quite tedious for 100+
pages. How might I script that operation so I interleave odd and even
pages in sequence after the rotation of half of them?