[plug] Suggestion for PLUG December Seminar (Eeepc).

Patrick Coleman blinken at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 22:22:55 WST 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 2:57 PM, mccabedj <mccabedj at ucc.asn.au> wrote:
> Blake Munro wrote:
>> gah, 1 day's notice is not enough! :D
>
> I agree. In particular the PLUG "Next Event" should aways be scheduled in
> the future. Otherwise we could rupture the space-time continuum killing us
> all, or even worse, make it hard for people who don't check the website
> every day to attend.
>
> If necessary the date of the next seminar should be on the website even if
> the seminar itself is just TBA.

In the interests of keeping the universe intact, effect following
cause etc I concur. The problem is however less getting speakers (only
rarely do we not have someone lined up a couple of weeks out) than me
getting around to sending the notification, updating the website, and
then getting all of the above correct :)

As I've said before volunteers to assist with this (for example, to
keep the website up to date) would be very welcome. It's really not
terribly hard, and it would make a big difference if people consider
the current state of things to be a problem.

> Are their any proposals for a Dec seminar? Here is a draft suggestion for
> the next seminar (Dec 9th right?).

I did have someone tentatively lined up for December, but you sound
keen (and people are interested!) so we can run the eeepc one then and
the other one (on Kerberos) in January with the AGM.

I'll get your abstract up on the website shortly, and the
notifications should go out a couple of weeks beforehand.

-Patrick