[plug] eee pc 4G and Netgear DG834G ADSL Wireless Modem/router

Blake Munro blake.munro at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 21:30:34 WST 2008

Hi Dave,

The D834G is a modem/router unit all built in one.

My suggestion would be to pack up your old dedicated ADSL modem and keep
that as a spare, in case anything happens to your new unit.

Plug the 834 in to the phone line and configure the wireless, and you have
yourself a perfect setup.

If for some reason down the track the 834 goes bust, well it just means
you'll lose the wireless connection to your eeePC, but at the end of the day
it just means you'll still have *some* sort of connection to the internet.

I would not bother trying to muck around with a dedicated modem + the 834,
it's probably a waste of time since your new unit should do everything you
require in a single box :)

Regards
Blake Munro