[plug] [OT] Emergency secondary dns services

Lucas van Staden lvs at dedmeet.com
Sun Nov 30 21:56:25 WST 2008

Hi, Tim

Glad you got it sorted....

Just liked to share, as it may be useful to others....

I have an account at EditDNS.net (http://www.editdns.net/?i=21991)

Very handy, and a very nice interface.

Basically, to edit you donate, and the amount you donate = edit days
(the formula used is somewhere on their site usage)
Once you donated time is up, your dns settings stay, they don't go away.
Also, if you refer someone  - (yes the link above is shameful referal
link), and they get an account, it also extends your edit days.
Donate to edit time/ability is instant.
I usually donate 10 pounds whne I need edit time, (last I donated I was
still in uk), which gave me around 150 days edit time.

This one is handy for emergencies....

I been using them as a backup dns provider for a few years now, and have
0 complaints.
I am also using them as the main dns provider for some domains now.

-Lucas