[plug] ssh access

Jon L. Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Wed Oct 15 07:42:32 WST 2008

In a attempt to stop ssh hack attacks (in the log there are 100's of
attempts) I've changed the port number of 22 to another port number.  Made
the changes in the Firewall to allow this new port number through.
However, when I attempt to access this from a remote location it times
out.  On some servers it works okay but on others it does not.  Is there a
way to see the incoming packets hitting the firewall to "hopefully" see
what errors are showing up?  By this I mean I'll be on site on the server.

--
Jon L. Miller MCNE CNE CCNA