[plug] Random crashes

Kai vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Sun Oct 19 17:48:11 WST 2008

Hi guys and girls,

I was home for holidays in July, built a machine a few days before I
left, got it working with Ubuntu and it looked good but maybe the power
supply is a bit variable with the wattage it supplies, not sure what the
problem is but it'll run fine for a sporadic amount of time, sometimes
minutes other times it'll go for a week or so...then crash.

I've checked /var/log/messages for hardware or daemons that have
problems on start-up, can't see anything that looks to be causing the
problem, what other log files would be a good place to look for finding
hardware that's not responding so I can try to figure out where the
problem is without being onsite?

This prolly sounds like a n00b question, I've been too busy with
aviation studies in the last 1.5 years, haven't had much time to
actually use many of my IT skills.

Cheers
Kai

--