[plug] Firefox links in emails

Gavin Chester gavin.chester at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 01:40:01 WST 2008

On Sun, 2008-10-19 at 19:39 +0800, David Dartnall wrote:
> Hi all,
> Something (probably me) has happened to Firefox's handling of links in
> emails. One click used to open the site in the default browser but now
> all I can do is copy it, open a browser and access that way.
> What line in about:config governs this function?

I had the exact same problem some time ago posted to this
group :-( Search the archives if you can be bothered ;-)

Unlike you, I wasn't blaming firefox since your browser has no effect on
this sort of behaviour. I was blaming evolution since that is the email
client I use. What email client are you referring to in your case?
Either way, forget firefox - look into the settings for default browser
in your mail client and then in your desktop of choice. I use kde so all
links in emails suddenly started popping up konqueror instead of
firefox. Anyway, don't bother tracing the thread in the archives since
got a lot of helpful replies, but in the end had no joy with a fix. Just
keep on copying those links to clipboard and then pasting into your
browser address bar because it may prove as elusive as when I had same
problem :-(

Gavin