[plug] Firefox links in emails

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Mon Oct 20 13:55:32 WST 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 10:54 +0800, David Dartnall wrote:
> Gavin Chester wrote:
> > On Sun, 2008-10-19 at 19:39 +0800, David Dartnall wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >> Something (probably me) has happened to Firefox's handling of links in
> >> emails. One click used to open the site in the default browser but now
> >> all I can do is copy it, open a browser and access that way.
> >> What line in about:config governs this function?
> >>

> > I had the exact same problem some time ago posted to this
> > group :-( Search the archives if you can be bothered ;-)
> >
> > Unlike you, I wasn't blaming firefox since your browser has no effect on
> > this sort of behaviour. I was blaming evolution since that is the email
> > client I use. What email client are you referring to in your case?
> > Either way, forget firefox - look into the settings for default browser
> > in your mail client and then in your desktop of choice. I use kde so all
> > links in emails suddenly started popping up konqueror instead of
> > firefox. Anyway, don't bother tracing the thread in the archives since
> > got a lot of helpful replies, but in the end had no joy with a fix. Just
> > keep on copying those links to clipboard and then pasting into your
> > browser address bar because it may prove as elusive as when I had same
> > problem :-(
> >
> > Gavin
> >
> Thanks Gavin, I did have a look at the archives before posting but gave
> up perhaps too easily.
> Thank you for your thoughts, I'll keep investigating and post my
> solution if & when one is found.
>
> Dave D

I've also noticed a change recently with FF and Evolution, in that when
I used to click on a link it would open a new instance of FF, now it
opens a new tab on my already open FF.

I have no idea how to fix either problem.

--
Richard Meyer
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.

Linux Counter user #306629