[plug] Random crashes

Ian Kent raven at themaw.net
Mon Oct 20 15:19:34 WST 2008

On Sun, 2008-10-19 at 19:03 +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
> Cooling? - try lm-sensors

Yes, heat accumulation due to dust on CPU heat sink can be a problem
this time of year. My system became unstable the other day, it's been
creeping up on me for a while.

Cleaned the CPU heat sink and it's running OK now.
There was quit a bit of dust in the fins.

Once upon a time capacitors would become broken but I haven't seen the
little tell tail bulge on any of these for a while now.