[plug] Perl regex question

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Mon Oct 27 13:40:13 WST 2008

> "Arie Hol" <arie99 at ozemail.com.au> writes:
>
> > I am trying to run a perl script which needs to apply a regex which
> > will be effective over multiple lines.....

8<----------------------  snip ------------------>8

Thanks to all who provided input to my question.

I could not get the multiline option to work for me,
but I did find a work around by writing a couple of 'if' statements in
conjunction with a boolean.

One 'if' statement toggled the boolean to 'true' and the other to 'false'
this boolean was then applied to the 'print' statement when the script
printed the line being parsed.

Not as straight forward as using the multiline option, but it was just as
effective - and gave me the desired results.

Regarding Daniels' statement about HTML injection, this does not apply in
my case - as the files I am cleaning up are to be placed in an archive
for my personal reference - where the javascript and other superfluous
code are not required - they take up too much  space on the hard drive.

Regards Arie