[plug] Sundry niggles with Hardy

David Dartnall darts at dialix.com.au
Thu Oct 30 17:58:47 WST 2008

Mike Holland wrote:
> David Dartnall wrote:
>
>> 1. I can no longer directly open links in emails - recently discussed in
>> this forum - and have found no solution. Problem seems to apply only
>> to Thunderbird
>
> Try this:
> http://tronprog.blogspot.com/2007/10/thunderbird-wont-open-http-links.html

Thank you Mike, that's what was wanted.

The about:config entry referred to '/usr/lib/firefox-3.0.1/firefox.sh'
whereas firefox.sh is found at /usr/lib/firefox-3.0.3 There is no
firefox-3.0.1 directory in /usr/lib). Changing the about:config entry to
firefox-3.0.3 has solved the problem.

The "firefox.sh" script is described as as a firefox launcher containing
a profile helper for temporary profiles during alpha and beta phases.
Probably changing the about:config entry to just "firefox" would have
done as well?

Regards and many thanks again
DD