[plug] Sundry niggles with Hardy

David Dartnall darts at dialix.com.au
Fri Oct 31 15:50:46 WST 2008

Jason Posavec wrote:
> Blake Munro wrote:
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> Yes, Intrepid is the next release. Check this link:
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IntrepidReleaseSchedule
>> Today is the release day! So probably tomorrow when you wake up it
>> will be available by the time the sun does it's thing.
>>
>> If you are thinking of upgrading, then I would recommend giving it a
>> shot and then coming back here and letting us know how it goes. Not
>> all upgrades are smooth. It's usually better to do a clean install,
>> but if that's not an option then take the upgrade path.
>>
>> Perhaps it will even solve some of your issues!
>>
>> Good luck,
>> Blake Munro
>>

> Does anybody else recommend a clean install over an upgrade?
And if that's preferable, will it install on a free section in another
disk on the same machine without messing up the existing installation
and have the the boot procedure now offer the Windows / Hardy / Intrepid
options, assuming that area is correctly partitioned with gparted etc?
Sounds like a tall order tho'.

And what, in addition to backing up /home would be advisable to save? In
either event...

Gets messier by the minute doesn't it.

Regards
Dave Dartnall