[plug] Working with Mbox files

Nathan Alberti nalberti at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 23:27:14 WST 2008

I need to create a report for a bunch of mbox files that shows the number of
mail received for the past 7 days and the unread count (for those messages)

Getting the read/unread is easy enough but I'm not sure how to go about
working with the date to limit it to the last 7 days worth of messages..

Is there an appropriate library or convert it to something like Unix time
and use arithmetic  ?

I've had a look a some of the email archiving programs but nothing really
looks to do what I want, mbox grep seems promising but I'm not sure how to
go about appropriate regex on the the date field

Any help appreciated

Regards,

Nathan.