[plug] Re: [plug-announce] *** PLUG September Seminar: "All the wonders of LDAP revealed!!! (Eggs and all major vegetables accepted.)" ***

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 19:33:28 WST 2008

woo I like the sound of that.. would love to see zfs in action as well :-)

2008/9/4 Patrick Coleman <blinken at gmail.com>

> Hi all,
>
> Title: "All the wonders of LDAP revealed!!! (Eggs and all major
> vegetables accepted.)"
> When: Tuesday, 9th September 2008, 7:30pm - 9:00pm.
> Where: 'Futuresphere', Christ Church Grammar School, Queenslea Drive,
> Claremont
> Presenter: Adrian Woodley
>
> In this presentation I hope to explain some of the fundamentals of
> LDAP, how it works and what if can be useful for. I will demonstrate
> setting up and LDAP server for a network, how to manage accounts
> within a LDAP directory and setting up client machines to authenticate
> against the LDAP server. With these basics, it is possible to have
> unified usernames and passwords across your whole network, including
> Linux login, email, web and Samba. And as a special treat (assuming
> all goes well over the weekend), I'll demonstrate my shiny new
> OpenSolaris server with ZFS and VirtualBox.
>
> Adrian is a Systems Engineer at iiNet. At iiNet he deals with the
> email network, ADSL network and security. Following this presentation,
> Adrian will regain his title of "Most Prolific PLUG Presenter", having
> previously presented "Samba Networking", "Everything you ever wanted
> to know about VoIP, SIP and Asterisk, but didn't know who to phone",
> "Virtual Email Hosting" and "Network Monitoring".
>
> We will be ordering pizza for consumption when the talk is over, and
> possibly adjourning to a nearby pub for general discussion and drinks
> after the presentation. A gold-coin donation is requested to cover the
> costs of the pizza.
>
> As usual, visitors and friends are most welcome.
>
> Information (including a map to the venue) is also available on the
> PLUG website: http://www.plug.org.au/events/seminar/.
>
> See you there!
>
> -Patrick

Ubuntu Hardy 8.04
The ancients who wished to demonstrate illustrious virtue throughout the
empire first ordered well their own states.
Wishing to order their own states, they first regulated their families.
Wishing to regulate their families, they first cultivated their persons.
Wishing to cultivate their persons they first rectified their hearts.
Wishing to rectify their hearts, they first sought to be sincere in their
thoughts.
Wishing to be sincere in their thoughts, they first extended to the utmost
their knowledge. Such extension of knowledge lay in the investigation of
things - Confucius