[plug] imap & pop3 servers

Adrian Woodley Adrian at ScreamingRoot.org
Tue Sep 9 11:47:58 WST 2008

Tim,

I recently setup a multi-domain mail server for some bush fire brigades,
using LDAP, Exim 4 and Dovecot. The setup allows the domains to be
individually administered for accounts and aliases, with a relatively
easy to use web interface.

Additionally, I setup Roundcube as a webmail interface, with several
address books stored in LDAP - a per-account personal address book, a
per-domain address book and a global address book, which contains ever
account setup on the system.

Hopefully I'll be able to detail some of the setup of this tonight at my
presentation (http://plug.linux.org.au/events/seminar/).

And of course, once you've got that setup, why stop there? Its trivial
to add a jabber/XMPP server which authenticates against LDAP, so your
users have the same username and password for their email and jabber
accounts.

Cheers,

Adrian