[plug] ADSL modem dropout while doing an rsync backup

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Sep 15 15:08:08 WST 2008

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 04:58:39PM +1000, Daniel Pittman wrote:
> You might also validate the theory by using something else that will
> transfer a similar volume of data at a similar rate, then see if you get
> the same drop-out.

Such as scp'ing some large files in both directions at once - if you
show that it's not specific to one particular data transfer, support
might be more helpful.

You might be able to get a backup or two completed by limiting the rsync
speed with "--bwlimit" in the meantime.

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal