[plug] routing packets in iptables

Jon L. Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Wed Apr 1 19:13:39 WST 2009

I'm trying to get my Blackberry Storm to pickup mail from our internal
server.
I'm needing some help in routing imap packets from a external internet
server with a iptables firewall running to an internal mail server.
What I have on the external server's firewall is:
EXT_IFACE = 'eth0'

$IPT -A FORWARD -p  tcp --dport 143 -j ACCEPT

$IPT -t nat PREROUTING -i $EXT_IFACE -p tcp --dport 143 -j DNAT
--to-destination 192.168.10.55 [internal mail server]

There is no firewall on the internal mail server.

The external server is a debian server and the internal is a SuSe Linux
Enterprise.

--
Regards,

Jon L. Miller MCNE CNE CCNA