[plug] OT: seeking similar drive for a data recovery

caston at arach.net.au caston at arach.net.au
Sat Apr 4 08:04:10 WST 2009

Hello,

A lady needs photos of her daughter recovered off a failed Western Digital drive.
The drive is spin and click. The "freezer trick" has already been tried. I've got
a screwdriver piece that will take the plate off but before I do that i'm looking
for a) a similar HD and

 b) hopefully someone can lend me or let me spend a couples of hours or so in a
room that is serviced by a decent HEPA filter

and c)hopefully some instructions or pointers on what to do once I have the drive
opened.

Here are the details of the drive.

WD400

40.0GB