[plug] moving mail in postfix

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Fri Apr 17 11:15:14 WST 2009

If you have mutt installed, you can do something like this as root?

mutt -f /var/mail/username <- opens mail
T (tag messages matching)
* (ie, tag all)
; s (all tagged messages, save to)
/var/mail/newusername

it should append the messages to the new mailbox with correct(!) locking
for mbox files.

Backup first though!