[plug] [OT] 21" CRT Free to good home

Kevin Shackleton kevins at reachnet.com.au
Wed Apr 29 20:32:01 WST 2009

I'll put my hand up.  Currently have a CRT 19" @ 1600 * 1200 now (was
Really Good for "cutting edge" GIS work).  Still can't see why wide
screens aren't called "squat screens".  Mostly my maps are just as big
N-S as E-W.  Most paper is bigger N-S . .

My experience is that CRTs get out of focus, can be adjusted after
taking the back cover off (avoiding the EHT).  Then in the end the EHT
transformer breaks down and then it's 20 kg of pollutants.

Thanks,

Kevin.