[plug] (Maybe Odd) SVN Question

Tim weirdit at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 08:58:48 WST 2009

I'm working on a project that currently "auto updates" it self from
the repository. What I want though, is for a way for it to only update
to the latest stable version. So for example, in SVN create a tag or
branch called stable, and have that as the latest stable version. But,
I want to be able to make a current trunk version, become the stable
version, without creating new tags. I know you can have multiple
tags/branchs  and use the "switch" command to update to a new
location. But the issue with this is that the script needs to know
about the new version. I'd rather just do a "svn up" and have it
always working off the same location, just the location being update.
Do i just simply do a svn copy over the current branch/tag and that'll
update the branch to be the latest trunk?

I'm just a little confused with some of SVN so was hoping someone more
intune with it could help.

Thanks

tim

--