[plug] Need help with sed

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Mon Aug 3 13:07:02 WST 2009

I am currently processing a large number of files using sed;

I am running sed as a series of commands from a shell script

The problem I have is :

sed is leaving "blank" lines where it removes the 'target text' - many of
these blank lines contain tabs and spaces (whitespace).

I can remove some of the  whitespace but I still end up with blank lines.

Is there a sed command I can use to remove any/all lines which appear to
only have whitespace or are just blank lines?

TIA

Regards Arie