[plug] default home directory permissions with useradd and webmin

Shanon Loughton autobot at iinet.net.au
Mon Aug 17 12:08:10 WST 2009

Hi all

Im trying to setup a samba share such that ppl on windows clients can
read/write to the home directories on the samba ubuntu machine.  You
can use adduser or useradd to add users obviously, but where do you
change the default home directory permissions from 755 to 777 upon
creation/addition? (without chmod - ing afterwards)

I got adduser working by editing /etc/adduser.conf

But useradd?  I think I need to get useradd working because I want to
add users through webmin and I guess thats what it uses. Playing with
UMASK options doesnt seem to help.

thanks
Shanon