solved? Re: [plug] Evolution defaults ...

Gavin Chester gavin.chester at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 18:56:20 WST 2009

On Mon, 2009-12-07 at 17:52 +0800, Gavin Chester wrote:
> Hmm, well after a reboot my system actually now uses epiphany for links
> from evolution, which I was changing it to just as an experiment.
> Previous default was firefox.
>
> Now, all I have to do is get it back to firefox as the browser of
> choice. Richard, I hope you haven't made me create an undesirable and
> irreversible change to my system in trying to help you ;-)

Can I declare this thread "solved" since I didn't start it in the first
place? ;-)

Anyway, sorry to steal it from you, Richard but I've done what you
wanted and used gconf to set a different browser for evolution and then
set it back again to firefox. In this process of testing it out, I've
learnt a couple of traps to watch out for:
1/ logging out may not be enough, the changes didn't have effect on my
system until a reboot :-/
2/ Do NOT make changes "mandatory" because it makes a whole lot more
work to make the key writable again when you want to change it later.

Other than that, I hope you've got your system working, Richard.

Gavin.