[plug] Collecting mail from a remote server

Adam Davin byteme-its at westnet.com.au
Wed Dec 16 22:28:22 WST 2009

Hello all,

I have a couple of linux boxes I take care of that only operate onsite
within the local lan. They have Exim as the local mail server which
takes care of delivering all the local mail.

Up until recently I have been logging in via ssh and manually checking
the mail.

I am looking to try to automate this process to allow me to bring the
mail directly into my mail client.

At present I was considering using ssh with a key agent to log in and
copy / move any mail in the maildir on the remote machine into a folder
on my own client. This may not, however, be "The Best Way (tm)"

After some googling, fetchmail showed up, but this only seems to
collect from a working pop3 which this box currently does not have.

Thanks and Regards,

--

Adam Davin
Byteme IT Services