[plug] Broadband providers.

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Sun Feb 15 14:19:48 WST 2009

On Sun, 2009-02-15 at 08:39 +0900, Brad Campbell wrote:
> Paul Dean wrote:
> > Hi Richard,
> >
> > You should be able to ask for relocation of your service from Westnet.
> >
> > E-wire is the cable service provider, same as Ellenbrook area, be warned cable is shared bandwidth, where as adsl is segregated. traffic.
>
> After having managed to migrate to an ADSL 4 days ago from Telstra Cable (It took us literally years
> to get Telstra to drag another cable into the house that was not on a pair-gain system and thus ADSL
> suitable) I can vouch for the "shared bandwidth" bit. There are some very heavy users around my area
> and it was not uncommon during peak periods to have the cable be so congested as to be barely
> usable. As you may imagine, my ADSL provider is *not* Telstra.
>
> Brad

Hmm, thanks for the warnings Brad and Paul .... I'd prefer to keep ADSL
then, if I can.

I'm assuming I'll have to change from Westnet to E-Wire as well, then.

Just looking at E-wire's plans the maximum they offer is 2,000Kbps,
which is not too great either.

Gonna have to phone Westnet sales to find out about ADSL in Somerley.

--
Richard Meyer
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.

Linux Counter user #306629