[plug] Broadband providers.

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Sun Feb 15 18:12:08 WST 2009

On Sun, 2009-02-15 at 17:56 +0900, Arie Hol wrote:

> On 15 Feb 2009 at 14:19, Richard Meyer wrote:
>

> 8< ------------ snip -------------- >8
> > Hmm, thanks for the warnings Brad and Paul .... I'd prefer to keep ADSL
> > then, if I can.
> >
> > I'm assuming I'll have to change from Westnet to E-Wire as well, then.
> >
> > Just looking at E-wire's plans the maximum they offer is 2,000Kbps,
> > which is not too great either.
> >
> > Gonna have to phone Westnet sales to find out about ADSL in Somerley.
>
> Have you had a look at :
>
> www.adsl2exchanges.com.au
>
> This site can tell you which ADSL providers are available at any given
> exchange............
>
> Just select your area code and type in your phone number and view the
> results........
>
> HTH
>
> Regards Arie

Hi Arie ....

Thanks for the link, but it doesn't really help, because my phone number
is in Currambine, while I am asking about Somerley, where I intend to
move.   ;-)

Once I've moved there and got a phone, I can check.  ;-)   The fact that
I don't know anyone in Somerley whose phone number I can use precludes
me using their number for the check [**** BRAIN STORM ****] ...... BUT
by one of those serendipitous coincidences that makes people believe
that live is ordered, not random - a friend of a friend lives in the
same street. (1)

I could ask for his number and run a check ...... in fact I will.

Thanks
RM

(1) I mentioned to the friend that I'd bought the house and he said he
didn't know the area at all, but he had a friend in ... and mentioned
the street name. the FOAF lives on the opposite side of the street, one
up from our house.

--
Richard Meyer
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.

Linux Counter user #306629