[plug] Filesystems for slow networks

Bernd Felsche berfel at innovative.iinet.net.au
Sun Feb 15 22:04:43 WST 2009

William Kenworthy <billk at iinet.net.au> wrote:
>On Sun, 2009-02-15 at 20:43 +0900, Bernd Felsche wrote:

>> I have a little project involving file synchronisation between users

>Unisons still supported as far as I know (am on the mailing list).

>Wrote a whole lot and realised that you mean either:
>backing up files for users, or
>multiple users accessing the same group of files.

>two different questions with different answers.

Multiple users of the same (binary) files.

The additional interaction required by Unison (as I understand it)
is "onerous" for the users who have trouble finding the "Any Key".
:-(

The users expect to be working on a "shared" file; even though it's
splattered over 5000 km.
\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | Religion is regarded by the common people
 X   against HTML mail     | as true, by the wise as false, and by the
/ \  and postings          | rulers as useful.  -- Seneca the Younger