[plug] Unattended reset of ADSL modem

gavin chester gavin.chester at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 13:21:43 WST 2009

2009/2/17 Bernd Felsche <berfel at innovative.iinet.net.au>:
> Steve Boak <sboak at westnet.com.au> wrote:
>
>>I have a problem down here in the sticks of Nannup that 'something'
>>locks up my ADSL modem (iConnectAccess 624) occasionally.
>>'Occasionally' is around a couple of months, but the last two times
>>have been when I was away from home and unable to reach the power
>>switch to reset it, so losing access to all my server facilities
>>for a few days.

What about a hard reset via power cycling? Haven't chased it up for
years but you could/can get kits or off-the-shelf devices that you
could dial into with pstn lines and enter a touch-tone key sequence to
operate a relay that turned on or off power boards. Intended for
remote starting of pumps, fans, etc, but seems ideal for your use,
too.

Gavin