[plug] Unattended reset of ADSL modem

Steve Boak sboak at westnet.com.au
Thu Feb 19 12:03:44 WST 2009

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 10:15:04 am Steve Baker wrote:
> Steve Boak wrote:
> > Several hours later it was resolved, but no idea what was done to fix it.
> > Steve
>
> Is this a permanent solution?  Or are you still going to have to do some
> soldering hocus-pocus?

At this stage, I am assuming the problem will recur at some random time in the
future.

So, I'm going to write a script to detect outages with a ping and soft reset
the modem first. If that doesn't work I will try the relay approach.

Does anyone know of a good library to parse web pages, enter text into fields,
and press buttons? Something like a chat script for web pages?

I also noticed the modem supports SNMP. Not knowing much about SNMP, can it be
used to control devices, or is it only a status reporting system?

Steve