[plug] Broadband providers.

gavin chester gavin.chester at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 20:47:27 WST 2009

2009/2/22 Richard Meyer <meyerri at westnet.com.au>:
> It appears that ADSL-2 and 1 is available from the Mindarie exchange,
> but Westnet cannot tell me whether I can get it at the house. The FOAF
> being one house up and on the other side of the street ....

Worst case scenario: As incredible as it seems, I've heard of cases
where being "on the other side of the street" can mean all the
difference depending on where the cable is routed. Hey, and wasn't
there a member on this list who once reported that near-neighbours in
the same street were connected to different exchanges - one had to pay
timed calls (std) and the other didn't? :-/   I guess you'll only
really find out when you move and apply for service.

Gavin