[plug] Mobile internet

Paul Dean paul at thecave.ws
Thu Feb 26 22:53:46 WST 2009

Hey Leon,

How are ya.

I just got a Telstra 3G 7.2 modem, follow some instructions and hey presto, 15mins later I'm wireless....

Ubuntu 8.10 intrepid
UMTSmon
usb_modeswitch

google search "ubuntu telstra 3g modem MF636BP" - lots of hits

UMTSmon is good as it does the same as the BigPond software using both usbdevs for comms in the modem, gnome fails in this way.

This allows to monitor traffic usage fairly accurately.

They say you can also use the modem to send sms's, but I've not yet been able to achieve that.

--

Thanks

Paul Dean.

QOTD
"Life is not WHAT you make it, it's WHO you have in it..."

QOTD:
You now have Asian Flu.