[plug] iinet freezone

Craig Foster Craig at fostware.net
Fri Jan 9 23:14:01 WST 2009

Agreed

http://monitor.waia.asn.au/cacti/graph.php?local_graph_id=614&rra_id=all

The total bandwidth is equivalent *saturating* a gigabit link...

Someone has to pay for it...

What's funny is comparing Amnet (approx 200Mb up /100Mb down) with iiNet
and their charged uploads (100Mb down / 200Mb up).
Especially since iiNet houses so many mirrors and Akamai/Cachefly
servers, and Amnet's data centre's are so dinky :)

Only issues with iiNet's DNS that I've had are occasional NXDOMAIN
returns, but those outages are usually over pretty quick. I use OpenDNS
as secondaries so that customers never see any real downtime and because
geographically and route-independent services are a "good thing"(tm).

Craig F.