[plug] Virtualbox shared folder

Tim weirdit at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 22:16:46 WST 2009

I take it you are mounting it with filesystem type vboxsf??
I've seen some bug reports about symlinks not being implemented, even
though it's between 2 linux systems. I'd probably try running a nfs
daemon and client as symlinks will work across that. It does mean
having to set up networking between the 2 systems, but it could work
out better in the long run.

Tim

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 8:52 PM, Peter Sutter <sutterp at sopac.com.au> wrote:
> The system running virtualbox is SuSE 10.2, virtualbox is InnoTek VirtualBox
> 1.5.6.
>
> Mounting a 'shared' folder to /mountpoint.
>
> Trying to do a ln -s /mountpoint/x.x /mountpoint/y.y results in 'Operation not
> permitted'.
>
> Rest works all ok, just can't create a symlink.
>
> How to fix?
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter

Timothy White - Somewhere in Australia