[plug] RQotD: Linux Great Southern Group?

Leon Brooks leon-plug at cyberknights.com.au
Mon Jan 26 13:12:10 WST 2009

On Monday 26 January 2009 12:58:20 James Clarke wrote:
> BTW the weather up here at the moment reminds me of
> Albany, or maybe even colder...

27 Celcius is cold?

My "girlfriend" (site we chat via has no rating between
that & fiancee, & we're gunner be completely sure before
taking that step) awoke last Sunday (18 Jan) to _minus_
17 degrees. Fahrenheit. in Wisconsin.

Three weeks before xmas, I posted a short video clip
taken on the water at Middleton Beach, waves gently
surging through, kidz enjoying the micro-surf at the
edge, where she could see it. That day (a Friday, for
her) she awoke to zero degrees Fahrenheit. She wants
to be an Australian now. (-:

Yankees are deprived. They thought Rous Head/Leighton
Beach/Cottesloe Beach were awesome, asked me where they
were hidden (d'oh? step off a suburban train, there
they are...).

The Poms simply didn't want to know... especially after
I dragged them -- on Google Maps -- up to Cable Beach
(Broome), then Eighty Mile Beach (which is 80 miles
from Broome, as it happens, but that's not why it's
named so).

Cheers; Leon