[plug] deleted/missing files

Lucas van Staden lvs at dedmeet.com
Wed Jan 28 19:52:19 WST 2009

Hi,

 From experience, if you do intend to do some kind of undelete, you MUST
stop all activity on the drive in question.
Your chances to undelete/recover files from the system decreases as you
use the drive, as the nodes containing your info get over written

Added to that (again from past experience), to undelete from an ext2
partition is a simpler job, and from ext3 is much less likely.

It is due to the above, that I only use ext2 for certain hd's now where
I store critical data, and ext3 for the root system

-Lucas