[plug] Fedora - BAH!!!

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Sat Jan 31 10:33:21 WST 2009

On Sat, 2009-01-31 at 09:15 +0900, Ian Kent wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-01-25 at 12:52 +0900, Richard Meyer wrote:
> > Now that I've caught everyone's eye, I have a problem with Fedora 10.
> >
> > I'm giving it a try, because I'm a dyed-in-the-wool SUSE user who is
> > disappointed (nice way to put it) with 11.x. Since the latest Linux
> > Format had a Fedora 10 DVD attached and they gave it 10/10, I decided to
> > give it a go.
> >
> > Firstly Firefox couldn't find anything out there on the web, not even
> > the Fedora.org site. I could ping, tracepath, etc, so I knew the network
> > was basically sound. I managed to fix this with a google and using
> > about:config and changing the network.dns.disableIPV6 setting to true.
>
> So you left ipv6 enabled at install because you have an ipv6 network?

No I left it enabled because I didn't see an obvious way to turn it off
in an unfamiliar distro. Secondly I wouldn't have disabled it anyway
since SUSE also enables it by default, but doesn't show this behaviour.

> > I still cannot see the software repositories (or suppositories) as I'm
> > starting to think.
> >
> > Anyone with a clue, who will lend it to me? I'll return it only slightly
> > used, I promise.
>
> You should log a bug, how else will the maintainers know about the
> problems?
>
> Ian

I have since found a mention of this problem, so it is already known, I
just haven't found a solution.

It seems my search for TOPD [1] will continue.

Cheers

[1] The One Perfect Distro. (C) me!

--
Richard Meyer
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.

Linux Counter user #306629