[plug] evolution preview pane jumps to bottom

Gavin Chester gavin.chester at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 11:20:50 WST 2009

Sorry for the subject line - couldn't think how best to succinctly
describe the issue :-(

Using Evolution 2.8.2 (the 'novell-ised' version on suse) I have been
putting up with an annoying 'feature' whereby the mail preview pane in
the default three-pane view (ie, mail tree as left column, mail list in
top right column and a preview pane below that) shows the most extreme
bottom right corner of the mail such that I have to scroll it back to
read the beginning. This view might be fine if you always read threaded
mail where each new post is appended on the bottom, but an annoying
behaviour in all other cases.

Anyone experienced the same and got a fix for it? I've tried settings in
gconf-editor and did a tentative web search, but the difficulty of
describing the problem brought up a myriad of unrelated pages. Any
clues?

Gavin.