[plug] [OT] Requesting unwanted computers and IT equipment

caston at arach.net.au caston at arach.net.au
Fri Jul 17 15:38:43 WST 2009

On Fri 17/07/09  3:24 PM , Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net sent:

> You would have to tell me /why/ you wanted them before I would consider
>
> donating a potentially significantly valuable collection of equipment to
>
> whatever cause you are supporting here.
>

> Regards,
>
> Daniel

Hi Daniel,

OK work is very slow at the moment.. ( global financial crisis and such) and i'm
going to the UK next month for a whole month and before I go i'm trying to get
out of debt as I owe about $2500 on my personal card and $2200 on my commercial
card. I have been taking everything I own to auctions and I have made some money
although I haven't found out how much but I know that a microscope I had that
McClernons sold for me has got me $250 but it will be a few more weeks or so
before I get the cheque.

At the slow rate of income at the moment I risk dipping into my business
overdraft facility to spend on my trip. I have already booked some of my
accommodation on bartercard and will be staying with family, friends or
backpackers for the rest.

 The personal credit card debt it from my plane ticket and the cost of
registering for a conference that I am going to called SENS4. The commercial card
debt is largely from work that i've had to get done on my van and from the slow
rate of work coming in not sufficiently covering my outgoings.

I'm thinking about ringing up businesses to see if they have any IT or office
equipment that they would be happy for me to take away. I was given some G3 iMacs
recently from the Mensa office and was careful to zero the drives from
reinstalling OS X 10.3

I have taken these to auction but of course it is unlikely that people will bid
much for G3 imacs but everything helps.

best regards,

Chris