[plug] Recursive Copying of Folder Contents

Jason Posavec jasonposavec at iinet.net.au
Wed Jun 3 18:14:55 WST 2009

The Subject header pretty much sums it up. I want to recursively copy
the contents only of nest folders to a specified destination.

Basically, I have all my music managed by Rhythmbox in folders nested as
Music/Artist/Album/Tracks. I want to copy all the music files to a
common folder. SoundConverter allows me to load my Music folder
recursively, and convert all the files to a common folder, but will only
do this via a conversion, not a straight copy.

I tried the copy command:

cp -r --copy-contents ~/Music/* destination_folder

but that insisted on copying folders as well. Obviously --copy-contents
doesn't do what I think it does.

Thanks in advance.

Jason Posavec