[plug] Westnet 3fl debian repository badly out of date

Steve Boak sboak at westnet.com.au
Tue Jun 9 14:02:58 WST 2009

Hi All

A quick note to anyone else using http://mirror.3fl.net.au/pub/debian/ for
their Debian updates.

I have just found out, through hours of trying to debug why I couldn't upgrade
KDE3 to KDE4, that the Westnet Debian repositories are badly out of date.
Apparently no updates since early March!

Look at the timestamps here:
<http://mirror.3fl.net.au/pub/debian/dists/testing/>
Stable is even older...

I was using the 3fl archives as it was originally pushed as free traffic, but
what use is an out of date mirror? I've sent off a note to Westnet support to
ask them to update their files.

And before someone asks, the official .au Debian repository is at:
<http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/>

Steve