[plug] Restore of deleted files

David Lloyd lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Tue Jun 16 10:24:48 WST 2009

Try:

# cd ~
# cd .local
# cd share
# ls

(if there's a folder called Trash there you've found the trash folder)
(you might need to find the .local in your user's folder)

So if you have a user called "george" with username "george"

# cd /home/george
# cd .local
# cd share
# ls

Once you have found where the files went, you have a number of options:

DANGEROUS

# pwd
/home/george/.local/share/Trash/

(let's say it is in /home/george/.local/share/Trash/share)

# mv share/* /usr/share/

LESS DANGEROUS

# rsync -av share /usr

OR

# rsync -av share/* /usr/share/

See if you can find a running computer to figure out the rsync command.

A "cp -rp" (I think) might work too.

DSL