[plug] Groupware (Shared calendar / address book)

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Tue Jun 16 13:10:36 WST 2009

I'm currently converting an office over from Exchange to something a little more open, but have come
up against the groupware wall.

The preferred client for windows is outlook. This is primarily as the two windows users sync with
their blackberries. I know there are third party connectors available to make outlook talk to the
various open groupware servers so this is not much of an issue. If an alternative client is
available that can sync with the blackberry and manage calendars / contacts like outlook does we
would certainly look at it. At least one of the windows users is sufficiently fed up with Outlook /
Exchange enough to look at alternatives.

*I* use Kontact as kpilot syncs nicely with my Treo, so it must be able to talk to Kontact also.

There are only three of us on the system at the moment, but we need to be able to share calendars
and have some kind of centralised management of our address books also.

Not particularly large or complex, but before I installing and trial all the various systems out
there I thought someone might have been there, done that.

Mail is not an issue as we use IMAP already.

Web based systems are not acceptable as we need to be able to use them while disconnected.

Suggestions gratefully accepted.

Regards,
Brad
--
Dolphins are so intelligent that within a few weeks they can
train Americans to stand at the edge of the pool and throw them