[plug] Scanners...

David Dartnall darts at dialix.com.au
Wed Jun 17 10:56:45 WST 2009

Boy, it's hard to get a flatbed scanner these days. All they have are
the multifunction units, and I have a printer (although a mf would give
me a lot more space on my desk). My Canon Lide 25 has developed lines in
the scan.

Could anyone advise on whether an Epson V30 will work under Linux - a
sane backend available?

Or, on second thoughts, an Epson multifunction TX700? - perhaps the
extra space on my desk would be worthwhile, and I've had my R230 Epson a
few years now...

Reference to to the 'Sane: Supported Devices' page does not help, seems
not to be up-to date.

Any assistance appreciated.

Dave Dartnall