[plug] Scanners...

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Wed Jun 17 11:17:08 WST 2009

> Boy, it's hard to get a flatbed scanner these days. All they have are
> the multifunction units, and I have a printer (although a mf would give
> me a lot more space on my desk). My Canon Lide 25 has developed lines in
> the scan.

Have you tried 2nd hands stores like the Salvos? I picked up an Olympic
OTC-1200 UB USB scanner for $5 and it works perfectly without having to
do anything under Ubuntu 8.10 and 9.04. There were some other ones there
at the time too (1+ yr) all the quite small form-factor versions.

Regards,

Jason Nicholls
Jason Nicholls                     email: <jason at mindsocket.com.au>
http://jason.mindsocket.com.au/   mobile: +61 430 314 857