[plug] Scanners - again!

David Dartnall darts at dialix.com.au
Sat Jun 27 13:24:20 WST 2009

Pluggers

This email was meant to go to all, not just BillK. Self explanatory.

William Kenworthy wrote:
> Have you restarted udev or rebooted the system?  Also, depending on how
> its setup, you may need a group entry as well.
>
> BillK
>
> On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 21:16 +0800, David Dartnall wrote:
>
>> William Kenworthy wrote:
>>
>>> For my epson CX5900 on gentoo

>> So following your email, I've left the SYSFS characters in my
>> '70-libsane.rules' file but added
>>
>> ENV{libsane_matched}="yes" to the end of the line, disconnected and reconnected the usb cable, and tried xsane again. No difference.
>>
>> lsusb gives the following:
>>
>> Bus 001 Device 004: ID 04a9:172e Canon, Inc.
>> Bus 001 Device 002: ID 046d:0990 Logitech, Inc. QuickCam Pro 9000
>> Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
>> Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
>> Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
>> Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Dave Dartnall

Yes, I rebooted - assume that would restart udev. I'll have a look at
the group thing tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

And now it's the day after tomorrow - didn't get near the computer
yesterday - and wasted most of the today trying suggested solutions,
some of which were out-of-date, without success. I'm too old for this
kind of thing - I might as well try and sell the thing, it's no good to
me I can't get it to work. I paid $227 on 22-06 and the next day I saw
HN selling them for less than $200 and I'm pissed off! Really pissed off.

Is there anyone in the group willing to come & fix it for me for a fee?
Let me know how much. I don't want to impose on the plug members for
free advice in this case, it's too much.

Or I'll sell it for $150, back in it's original box (and delivered
within 10km) and get something that works... Might be the best ides
anyway. Any suggestions?

DD

PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.org.au