[plug] migrating to ubuntu desktop

Adam Hewitt ahewitt at theozhewitts.com
Sat Jun 27 20:05:52 WST 2009

Hi All,

A number of years ago I was running Debian as the only desktop on my PC and
any games that I played would be run under Winex. I also had a Palm Pilot
that I would sync without any issues and everything worked perfectly.

Then I moved back to Perth and the very first LAN party I went to forced me
to wipe it and install windows just to play the games on the day....and I
never went back.

Now I have just received a notification that my Windows 7 beta license is
about to expire and I will need to install one of the RC versions to
continue, however since buying a PS3 and not having been to a LAN party in a
number of years, I am thinking of migrating back to Linux again. Ultimately
I know that most things I will want to do will work. I already use
VirtualBox and find it to be very nice, plus I own licenses for Crossover
Office for those Windows programs I want to run "natively". The only thing
is that I have an iPhone that I will want to retain functionality of, and
iTunes is known to not work under CO.

Is anyone using an iPhone under Linux? If so how do you have it set up, and
what, if any, functionality are you losing in the process?

Cheers,

Adam.