[plug] Groupware on Linux: state of play

Evert van Dijk evert at silver-sword.net
Fri Mar 6 16:12:24 WST 2009

I have had a reasonably good experience with Zimbra - they have two levels of play; Community edition (Read as Free) and the The Zimbra Collaboration Suite (ZCS).
I use the Community edition and it has served me well for mail and calendar, notes and the shared briefcase. The webmail also works very well and uses ajax (The same thing that gmail uses on their webmail). the ZCS allows you to have users see your own template and interface to make it look like your own project. I don't know the costs.

The admin side is webbased and I found it intuitive once it was set up. It handles multiple domains if required.

Good Luck